As a committee, Epic Thanks Tampa Bay has chosen the top five nominees finalists. These top 5 nominees finalists, listed below alphabetically, are all equally amazing in their positive impact to the Tampa Bay community.
- Mike Halley – Halley’s K-9s for Veterans: Halley’s K-9s for Veterans provides trained companion dogs for Disabled American Veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or other invisible disabilities.
- Bill Hansbury – Boston Bill Foundation: The Boston Bill Foundation assists individuals who are facing the loss of a limb or are in need of a prosthetic device to regain their mobility and ability to live life to its fullest.
- Gerry Hogan & Bud Risser – Ready for Life Pinellas: Ready for Life Pinellas assists youths aging out of the Florida Foster Care system become responsible, independent adults as they turn 18 years of age.
- Martha Murray – Taking Action for Pets Tampa Bay: Taking Action for Pets Tampa Bay raises awareness of abused and neglected animals and directly assists the Tampa Bay animal sheltering and fostering community.
- Russ Oberbroeckling – Buddy Baseball League: The Buddy Baseball League was founded for children with special needs to play on teams alongside non-challenged children, and benefits both the kids and their families.
Epic Thanks Tampa Bay would like to thank everyone that nominated local Changemakers. The decision to narrow all nominations to five finalists was a difficult one, and it shed a bright light on the wonderful and giving community for which all of Tampa Bay should be thankful.
You can vote every day at epicthankstampabay.com/vote