- What is Epic Thanks Tampa Bay?
- Epic Thanks Tampa Bay is a volunteer organization that is raising funds for a local changemaker in Tampa Bay and for Epic Change. Through sponsorships and our event on November 19th, we will transform the life of a local changemaker and support the work they’re doing in a way they never imagined.
- I keep hearing about November 19th. What’s happening?
- November 19, 2010 is the date of our celebration of all for which we are thankful. Having evolved from Tweetsgiving, an annual and global celebration that aimed to change the world through the power of gratitude, Epic Thanks Tampa Bay will also serve as a charity fundraising event to benefit the Epic Change organization as well as a local changemaker in the Tampa Bay area.
You’ll need to subscribe to our mailing list or our social media pages to keep up-to-date on all the announcements for the November 19th event!
- What’s a changemaker?
- A changemaker is a person or group that selflessly devotes their time and available resources in order to positively impact the lives of others in their immediate community. In keeping with the mission of the Epic Change, Epic Thanks Tampa Bay seeks to identify one Tampa area changemaker and amplify their voice and impact on the community.
Greatness of heart that continues to exist unrecognized and unsupported is tragic. Only when we shed a light on the generosity of others, and we prop up this greatness for all to see, do we achieve something that is truly epic. Now is your opportunity to help the Tampa Bay community discover and support these acts of greatness.
- What are the requirements for the changemaker?
- • Although the nominated changemaker does not need to be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, it must operate and conduct its business in a not-for-profit fashion
• Nominated projects may, however, fall within the IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit guidelines as, “Educational, Charitable, Scientific, Literary, Testing for Public Safety, to Foster National or International Amateur Sports Competition, or Prevention of Cruelty to Children or Animals Organizations”
• Nominated projects may be neither religious nor political in nature
• Nominated projects must have demonstrated previous success on a similar project or on earlier stages of the investment project
• Nominated projects must be willing to work with Epic Thanks Tampa Bay regarding promotional and marketing material should they be selected as one of five finalists.
• Epic Thanks Tampa Bay and Epic Change reserve the right to reject, ignore and dismiss any submission received
• Nomination forms must be mailed to Epic Thanks Tampa Bay, P.O. Box 47915, St. Petersburg, FL 33743-7915, and must be postmarked by August 31, 2010
• Questions may be directed to: Epic Thanks Tampa Bay at the address above, via telephone (813) 421-1719, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I get in touch with you guys?
- Epic Thanks Tampa
P.O. Box 876
Safety Harbor, FL 34695-0876
- Become a Sponsor
- Changemaker Finalist: Boston Bill Foundation
- Changemaker Finalist: Buddy Baseball League
- Changemaker Finalist: Halley’s K-9s for Veterans
- Changemaker Finalist: Ready for Life Pinellas
- Changemaker Finalist: Taking Action for Pets Tampa Bay
- Donate to Epic Thanks Tampa 2010
- Epic Thanks Tampa Bay 2010 Team
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hamburger Mary’s
- How To Vote for Your Favorite Changemaker
- Nominate a Change Maker
- Show your thanks for our sponsors!
- Voting Frequently Asked Questions